City Kitties is a Philadelphia-based animal rescue group dedicated to saving cats from the streets, providing veterinary care, and finding new and happy homes for them. They take pride in being a no-kill shelter and they also assist with TNR (trap, neuter, return) of feral cats in the area.
All the cats that they rescue are tested for FIV and feline leukemia. They are also given shots against distemper and rabies, are tested for parasites and given proper medication, and are spayed/neutered. These ensure that the furry friends under their care are happy and healthy prior to being put up for adoption. To adopt a kitty, please fill out this form and follow their adoption process.
Being a volunteer-driven organization, they rely on individuals to save more lives. People can help through the following means:
- Fostering cats or kittens while they are waiting for their permanent homes.
- Spreading the word about City Kitties.
- Organizing a small fundraiser in which proceeds will go to City Kitties.
- Supporting new foster homes.
- Trapping and Spaying/Neutering porch cats.
- Supporting the Philadelphia Animal Welfare Advocacy.
- And Donating via PayPal.
For inquiries, please follow the links below to contact City Kitties:
- Stray or feral cats
- Borrowing a humane trap for TNR (trap, neuter, release)
- Lost pet
- Other ways to volunteer
- Press inquiries
For more information, please visit their website at http://citykitties.org/.
[schema type=”organization” orgtype=”Organization” url=”http://citykitties.org/” name=”City Kitties” city=”Philadelphia” state=”Pennsylvania” email=”http://citykitties.org/adopt/ask-about-adoption/” ]