PAWS New York is a non-profit organization whose mission is to preserve, support, and nurture the human-animal bond for New York City’s most vulnerable residents. As an organization, they love by the motto “Helping people by helping pets” and as such, they work tirelessly to protect and promote the human-animal bond.
They bank on the help of generous members of the community in advancing their advocacy. Interested parties who wish to play a role in saving the life of a furry friend can do so through volunteer work. Some opportunities open to the public include:
- Providing care for a client’s pet in their home, such as dog walking or helping with the litter box via the Housecall Program.
- Collecting/distributing pet food and supplies, becoming a Pet Pantry Sponsor, transporting pets to the vet, and addressing one-off client needs via the Pet Pantry/On-Call Program.
- Opening one’s home temporarily for a pet in need through the Foster care Program.
- Assisting at events and helping to raise funds for the benefit of the adorable critters under PAWS’ care.
- Offering professional skills that can help the organization grow.
In addition, interested parties can also send monetary help through PAWS’ donation page. The proceeds will be used to keep pet owners and their beloved four-legged buddies to stay together for a long time.
They can be reached through phone at (917) 733-2170 as well as through mail at PAWS NY, Madison Square Station, PO Box 333, New York, NY 10159. Moreover, inquiries can be sent to the following email addresses:
To find out more about this animal welfare group, please visit their website at http://pawsny.org.