“Where Animal Gets Saved” (WAGS) is a registered non-profit organization whose mission is to educate the public and to raise awareness about puppy mills in Philadelphia. They also work towards helping dogs at local shelter through finding long-term solutions to issues that these canine friends face.
Aside from working with local shelters to help improve the lives of furry friends in the area, they also work with volunteers to better provide care for companion animals. Interested parties can help WAGS through the following:
- becoming a foster parent
- becoming a foster counselor
- becoming an adoption counselor
- organizing and facilitating fundraising events
- handing dogs, discussing the adoption process, and talking about available dogs during adoption events
- helping out in public relations efforts
- helping out with administrative tasks including updating the website, answering phone calls and emails from potential adopters, fosters and volunteers, and updating dog profiles and pictures
- transporting dogs to and from adoption events and vet appointments
Aside from volunteering, people can also help the organization through sending in financial help. All donations are used to fund transportation, medication, supplies like crates, toys, and food, and medical procedures such as surgery, blood work, ultrasounds, and x-rays.
WAGS can be contacted through the following email addresses:
- Volunteer questions: email@example.com
- Adoption or foster questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donation questions: email@example.com
- General questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this animal rescue group, please visit their website at http://www.wagsshelter.org.
[schema type=”organization” orgtype=”Organization” url=”http://animal-rescue.us/wags-shelter.html” name=”WAGS – Where Animals Get Saved” description=”A non-profit animal rescue organization.” city=”Philadelphia” state=”CA” country=”US” ]