Adopt A Cat, Inc. (AAC) is a no-kill shelter/sanctuary established in 1994 by Dr. Beverly Harper, PhD, to save, care for and seek permanent homes for cats. AAC also provides shelter for strays and feral that may otherwise not have a safe living environment.
The group’s mission is to provide shelter, sanctuary, and rehabilitation for homeless felines until safe, caring permanent homes are found.
It maintains a no kill policy and works to alleviate pet overpopulation by:
- Spaying and neutering its cats.
- Educating the public about the importance of sterilizing companion animals.
- Providing information on low cost spay/neuter programs
It relies on volunteer efforts to help with administrative/computer work, adoption weekends, shelter assistance, advertisement, social networking, fundraising, bathing & grooming, fostering, veterinary assistance, cleaning/lawn/shelter repair services and the like.
Community members can donate items such as:
- $68,000 to pay off the shelter mortgage!
- Donated Services such as lawn care, home/shelter repair, home/shelter cleaning, vet care, cat bathing/grooming care
- Premium cat food (Nutro, Science Diet, Wysong, Eukanuba, ProPlan, Purina One, Special Diets)
- Gently used towels for cages
- Cat nip and cat toys
- Postage stamps, envelopes and computer paper
- Stone or wooden picnic table
- Paper towels, trash bags (all sizes)
- Functioning tools and appliances:
- Lawn mower
- Gas range
- Gift cards for Petco, PetSmart, Office Depot, Staples, Target, Home Depot and/or Lowe’s
The group can be found at 17319 Bamwood Road, Houston, TX 77090. They can be reached though phone at 281-580-6652 as well as through email at AdoptACatTexas@yahoo.com.
For more information, please visit http://www.adoptacattexas.org.