The Animal Welfare League (AWL) is a non-profit group committed to finding a loving home to pets in need. Its working mantra is “recovery is the answer, not euthanasia” and as such, they do what it takes to do the following:
- Prevent cruelty to animals.
- Provide quality homes for animals through our adoption program.
- Promote respect and compassion for all creatures through humane education.
- Provide shelter and care for homeless and unwanted animals.
- Reduce pet overpopulation through our low cost spay/neuter clinic.
- Provide veterinary care for low-income pet owners.
- Relieve the suffering of all animals.
As a charitable group, they rely on the help of community members in order to provide for the needs of the furry friends under their care. Interested parties can donate online through filling out this form.
AWL can be found at 10305 Southwest Highway, Chicago Ridge, IL 60415. Their facility is open for processing adoptions from Mondays through Fridays, 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Saturdays from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm, and Sundays from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. Meanwhile, the clinic hours are 10:00 am to 9:00 pm from Mondays to Fridays and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturdays.
They can be reached through phone at 708.636.8586. To find out more about this animal welfare group, please visit the organization’s official website HERE.
[schema type=”organization” orgtype=”Organization” url=”http://animal-rescue.us/animal-welfare-league-chicago.html” name=”Animal Welfare League” description=”A non-profit animal rescue organization.” street=”10305 Southwest Highway” city=”Chicago Ridge” state=”IL” postalcode=”60415″ country=”US” ]