The Dallas Foundation promotes the welfare of companion animals in the state through their Big Fix for Big D project.
The Big Fix for Big D initiative is a multi-year effort of community partners to spay or neuter tens of thousands of pets in Dallas to significantly diminish numbers of unwanted litters, with the ultimate goal of reducing animal euthanasias at Dallas Animal Services. Through the Big Fix for Big D initiative, the City of Dallas Animal Services and Adoption Center (DAS), the Dallas Companion Animal Project (DCAP), Spay Neuter Network and the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Texas (SPCA of Texas), will offer spay/neuter surgeries, vaccinations and registration for free.
Interest parties can help through the following means:
- Share information about Big Fix for Big D with your constituents
- Share their Facebook page, website and phone number on your
page or website:
- Post a flyer on your community board
- Include them on your resource list
- Hand out Big Fix for Big D flyers to their clients who have pets
- Run our ad in their newsletter
- Invite them to a community event, e.g., neighborhood fair
- Introduce us to neighborhood groups and other community organizations
- Host a Big Fix for Big D event
- Lunch & learn for your staff and volunteers
- Pet taxi pick-up and drop-off
- Vaccination clinic
- Spay Day
To find out more, please visit http://www.bigfixforbigd.com/.