First Coast No More Homeless Pets is a non-profit animal rescue group that aims to alleviate untoward euthanasia of dogs and cats in the community through providing low cost spay and neuter services in the First Coast area. Aside from spay and neuter programs, they also provide low cost veterinary care which also helps in managing the problem of companion pet killings in shelters in the community.
As a volunteer-driven organization, they rely on helping hands to carry out the tasks involved in pursuing their mission. Those who are interested to become volunteers can help through the following:
- Clinic – cleaning, surgical supply prep
- Thrift Store –sorting items, cleaning
- Special Events – Information booths, fundraising events
- Pet Food Bank –food distribution, client check-in
- Adoption Events – Help homeless pet find homes. Typical duties include dog walking, cleaning
- Community Outreach –helping promote events, distributing posters
- Data Entry/Office Assistance
They are also open for donations of all types including monetary (to fund vet needs and basic supplies), items and goods, planned giving, vehicle donations, food bank donations, Kuranda Pet Beds, and other unwanted yet serviceable items.
First Coast No More Homeless Pets can be found at 6817 Norwood Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32208. Their office is open Mondays through Fridays from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and on Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. They can be contacted through their hotline at 904-425-0005. For more information, please visit their website at http://www.fcnmhp.org.
[schema type=”organization” orgtype=”Organization” url=”http://www.fcnmhp.org/” name=”First Coast No More Homeless Pets” description=”A non-profit animal rescue organization in Jacksonville, FL.” street=”6817 Norwood Avenue” city=”Jacksonville” state=”Florida” postalcode=”32208″ country=”US” phone=”904-425-0005″ ]