Dallas Pets Alive (DPA) is a not for profit animal rescue group whose mission is to promote and provide the resources, education, and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
The group focuses on helping healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services. They also help owners who are having problems so that will not have to surrender their beloved pets to a shelter.
Since they are a charitable group that receives no federal funding for their efforts, they rely on the help of community members to continuously support the needs of the furry friends under their care. Interested parties can donate financially via http://dallaspetsalive.org/donate/.
People can also help by volunteering for DPA. Interested parties are required to accomplish the following:
- submit an online application
- be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian if under the age of 16
- attend additional training sessions as required by DPA!
- possess a valid Texas driver’s license and personal vehicle if you wish to transport animals
- treat animals in our care with kindness and concern for their welfare
- represent themselves and DPA! in a professional manner and treat clients with respect
They can be reached through phone at 214-444-9DPA (214-444-9372). They can also be contacted through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, interested parties can also write or ship items to the group via Dallas Pets Alive, 18208 Preston Rd, Suite D9 #371, Dallas, TX 75252.
For more information about the group, please visit their website at http://dallaspetsalive.org.