The Florence Area Humane Society (FAHS) is a non-profit animal welfare group dedicated to providing for the needs of animals in the area including treating their illnesses, feeding them, and finding a happy home for neglected, orphaned, or abandoned pets.
Interested parties can help by donating items such as:
- Stretch and Scratch cat cage inserts
- Kongs toys
- Dawn dish soap
- laundry detergent
- canned pet food – dog, cat, puppy (Purina or Pedigree)
- paper towels
- old towels
- dog bowls (the double kind for food and water)
- cat toys
- Purina dry dog and puppy food
- fleece bedding (just get a yard or two of polar fleece the fabric store – that works the best.
FAHS is also open to volunteers who can perform the following duties:
- Collect and donate items from our wish list, such as towels, fleece blankets, toys for dogs and cats.
- Make cat toys out of yarn, fleece, cardboard rolls…
- Donate funds to support our lifesaving and life changing services.
- Set a positive example by being a responsible pet owner and talk to others about the importance spay and neutering pets.
- Spread the word about the FAHS, our services and mission. We welcome your creativity. Use your individual talents and skills to make a difference for animals at the FAHS and in the community.
The group can be found at 1434 McCurdy Road, Florence SC, 29506 ad they are open from Tuesdays to Saturdays at 12:00 to 5:00 pm. They can also be reached through phone at 843-629-5456 and at 843-669-2921.
For more information, please visit http://www.florencehumanesociety.org.