The Greater Houston German Shepherd Dog Rescue (GHGSDR) is a volunteer-based non-profit animal welfare group dedicated to saving as many German Shepherds in the Greater Houston Metro area as humanly possible – based on current resources of available foster homes, the rate at which we can find suitably matched adoptive homes, and of course, financial resources for veterinary care.
As a charitable group, they are always open for volunteers who wish to make a difference in the lives of companion animals in need. Members of the community can open their homes for fostering or for adoption so that these German Shepherd Dogs can have a second chance at having a happy family life.
In addition, people can also help by donating financially via PayPal. Any donation will be gladly accepted by the group. As a guide, here’s how far your contribution can go:
- $10 will board a dog for one day.
- $25 will pay for a microchip so that lost dogs have increased chance of returning home.
- $50 will cover initial vaccinations and/or purchase HeartWorm preventative.
- $100 will nearly cover the cost to spay/neuter a dog and help alleviate continued overcrowding of local shelters.
- $200 – $500 will cover the cost of HeartWorm treatments, as well as the cost of dental work or other necessary care to provide a pain-free future to an older GSD.
- $500 -$1,000 will help pay for necessary major surgery for any reason as prescribed by the attending veterinarian.
The group can be reached through mail at Greater Houston German Shepherd Dog Rescue, PO Box 610150, Houston, TX 77208-0150. They can also be contacted by filling out the form found at http://www.ghgsdr.org/contact-us.php.
For more information about this group, please visit their website at http://www.ghgsdr.org.