Helotes Humane Society (HHS) is a Non-profit animal welfare group that seeks to re-home abandoned, orphaned, and unwanted pets in Helotes, Texas.
Members of the community can help the group in various ways including:
- Opening their homes to take care of cats and dogs temporarily via the group’s foster care program. (Supplies will be provided by HHS)
- Participating in special functions like adoption events, clinics, offsite booths, and fundraising activities.
- Serving as staff, sorting, and pricing items at the Second Chances Thrift Shop.
- Executing fundraiser and soliciting donations for the pets under the group’s care.
- Doing maintenance work at the dog park and around the facility.
- Rendering community service hours through the HHS;
In addition, people can also donate items such as:
- Gift Cards to Petco, Petsmart, Walmart or Target
- Kong Dog Toys
- Collars – buckle style or snap type in all sizes: new or good condition
- Kuranda Beds for dogs. Select Helotes Humane Society as the Recipient
- Kitten and Puppy Formula – powdered form
- Unscented Baby Wipes
- Pet Shampoo – Aloe/Oatmeal & Flea
- Absorbent Puppy Pads
- Cleaning Supplies
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Paper Towels
- Lint Rollers
- Sponges & Scrub Pads
- Dish Soap
- Trash Bags
The HHS can be found at 14398 Bandera Road, Helotes, TX 78023. They are open from Thursdays to Saturdays at 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. They can also be reached through phone at 210-422-6242 as well as through email at email@example.com.
For more information about the group, please visit their website at http://hhsanimals.org.