The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia is a non-profit group whose mission is to create a community recognized for responsible pet ownership and humane treatment of animals through offering basic pet wellness and spay/neuter services, public education, and placement of companion animals. Their vision as a humane organization is to inspire and engage the community of northeast Georgia to end animal suffering and cruelty.
The group has several programs including:
- Adoption of Companion Animals (all adopted animals are spayed/neutered, microchipped, up-to-date on vaccinations, health & behavioral tested, etc.)
- Spay/Neuter Center providing affordable spay-neuter surgery to the public
- Low-cost Wellness Clinic including basic vaccinations and testing for dogs and cats
- Intake of Owner-Relinquished Pets
- Rescue of Displaced Animals from other shelters throughout northeast Georgia
- Foster Care Program for animals with special needs
- Owner Requested Euthanasia (for terminally ill or suffering animals)
- Pet Loss Support Group
- Pet-Assisted Therapy
- Weekend Wellness Clinics
- Pet Store offering supplies for a variety of animals at 50%+ off retail
- Behavior & Training Classes
- Educational Programs for Youth & Adults
- Scout Programs
- Shelter Tours
- Pet P.A.L.S. Kid’s Club
- Pet P.A.L.S. Summer Camp
The group can be found at 845 West Ridge Road, Gainesville, GA 30501. They are open to the public from Monday to Saturday at 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and on Sunday at 1:00 to 5:00 pm. They can also be reached through phone at 770.532.6617.
For more information, please visit their website at http://www.humanesocietyofnortheastgeorgia.org.