The Humane Society of Saline County was founded on June 19, 1975, and received its charter from the state of Arkansas in August of that year. The organization’s objectives are:
* To provide a temporary refuge for stray, homeless and deserted animals and to place such animals in good homes wherever practical.
* To receive and care for suffering animals.
* To prevent all forms of cruelty to animals by every legitimate means.
* To carry humane education, in all possible ways, into schools and homes of Saline County.
* To return lost pets to their rightful owners upon reasonable proof of ownership within a reasonable period of time and upon payment of a reasonable fee, as established by the society’s board of directors, with such fee to be based on costs of maintenance and care.
* To end suffering, in a humane manner, of any animals for which it is not possible to cure its infirmities. Decisions of this nature are made with the advice of a qualified Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
Learn more about them hssaline.org