Legacy Humane Society (LHS) is a non-profit animal welfare group whose mission is to provide assistance to dogs who have been abused, neglected and abandoned. It seeks to rescue adoptable dogs and puppies from animal shelters and animal control facilities, rescue dogs and puppies from abusive and neglectful situations, including puppy mills and “backyard breeders”, help educate the public on proper animal care and promote spaying and neutering of all pets, provide medical treatment for all animals in our care, provide foster homes for all animals in our care, and place rescued animals in permanent, loving homes.
As a volunteer-based group, LHS relies on the help of community members to provide for the needs of the animals under their care. People can donate the following items to help the group’s cause:
- Collars/Leashes Dog Food (Purina Chicken and Rice Formula or Nutro for Puppies)
- Cotton Balls/Swabs
- Benadryl Flea/Tick Prevention Dog bed(s)
- Dog/Puppy Shampoo
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Toys, balls, treats
- Digital Camera
- Digital Picture Frame
- Office Supplies (paper, paperclips, staples, etc.)
- Zip Lock Bags (all sizes)
- Thank You Cards
- Puppy Formula (canned Goats Milk from Pets store)
- Baby Bottles (regular baby size bottles for large breed puppies)
- Vitamins/Supplements Nzymes® Supplements
In addition, people can also donate financially via http://legacyhumanesociety.org/our-dogs/donation-form/.
The group can be reached through mail at PO Box 2733, McKinney, TX 75070. They can also be contacted through phone at (641)715-3900 x61442, through fax at (866)803-5997, as well as through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this group, please visit their website at http://legacyhumanesociety.org.