The Montgomery County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is a nonprofit organization dedicated to caring for unwanted, lost and abused domestic animals. It has the following objectives:
- to support and maintain one or more shelters and staffs for the humane housing of stray, unwanted, or abused animals;
- to procure safe and loving homes for the animals by all appropriate means; to promote humane education by all appropriate means;
- to maintain a clinic for the health of the animals and population control;
- to provide effective measures for the prevention of cruelty to animals and for the enforcement of all laws enacted for the protection of all animals within its corporate limits.
They achieve their goals through providing various services including adoption, conducting animal cruelty investigations, giving humane education opportunities to the public, uniting lost pets with their owners, running a mobile adoption unit, rescuing stray animals that are injured or in distress, and offering a low-cost spay and neuter program as a way of combating animal overpopulation.
The group is located in three places namely:
- 19 E. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken PA 19428 (phone: 610-825-0111)
- 1059 Sweisford Road, Perkiomenville PA 18074 (phone: 610-754-7822)
- 1006 Edge Hill Road, Abington PA 19001 (phone: 215-886-8802)
The group can also be reached through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about this group, please visit their website at http://www.montgomerycountyspca.org.