Operation Kindness Animal Shelter is a non-profit group whose mission is to care for homeless cats and dogs in a no-kill environment until adopted into responsible homes and to advocate humane values and behavior. They envision a world where all cats and dogs reside in loving, responsible, forever homes.
As a non-profit group, they rely on the help of the community to help animals in need. Interested parties can participate through the following:
- Kennel Work: Cleaning cages, laundry, general upkeep and maintenance.
- Walking Dogs: Dogs are walked at least twice a day in the morning and afternoon.
- Cat Rooms: Help maintain cat and kitten rooms, clean cages, change litter boxes.
- General Help: Receptionist, answering phones, greeting visitors, assist with mailings and general office work.
- Foster Home Program: Care for young, recovering or pregnant animals in your home.
- Fundraising: Assist with fundraising events and activities.
- Computer: Data entry in shelter database.
- Volunteer Committee: Welcoming new volunteers, coordinating and assisting with volunteer training.
- Transportation: Transporting animals to TV shows, vets, events, etc.
- Speaker’s Bureau: Presentations at schools, community groups, etc. .
- Telephone Committee: Call volunteers, contact adopters after adoption, etc
- Special Events: Planning, coordinating and staffing at Operation Kindness and community events.
- Adoption Counseling: Work with adopters to find their new companion, counseling adopters on training and pet care, completing adoption paperwork, etc.
- Publicity: Distribute event flyers, newsletters, etc.
They are located at 3201 Earhart Drive, Carrollton, TX 75006 and are open during the following times:
- Monday – 12:00pm to 7:00pm
- Tuesday – Closed
- Wednesday – 12:00pm to 7:00pm
- Thursday – 12:00pm to 7:00pm
- Friday – 11:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday – 11:00am to 5:00pm
- Sunday – 11:00am to 5:00pm
They can be reached through phone at 972-418-PAWS (7297). They can also be contacted through the following email addresses:
To find out more about this group, please visit their website at http://www.operationkindness.org/.