The Phoenix Rescue Group is a volunteer-based animal welfare group dedicated to providing safety and comfort for companion animals at risk or abuse, neglect, or abandonment. They work towards finding new and lasting homes for the furry friends under their care so that not pet will ever have to live in fear of being homeless ever again.
Part of their mission is providing for the needs of the companion animals they’ve rescued. They also ensure to only use humane dog and cat traps whenever they have rescue operation.
Since they are a non-profit group, they do not receive any funding from the government. Hence, they rely on the assistance of the community to carry out their daily tasks as a rescue group. Interested parties can contribute financially to the group. The Phoenix rescue Group uses all donations to provide for the needs of the animals under their care. For example:
- $5.00 buys rawhide treats for all the dogs, a new rope toy or a 2-day supply of scoopable litter for the cats.
- $10.00 buys a new kong toy, updates a rabies vaccine or gets somebody a new collar.
- $20.00 microchips a dog, buys Greenies for all the dogs or buys a soft new cat bed.
- $50.00 will spay a cat, buy a humane cat trap or provide a veterinary check-up and vaccines for a new rescue animal.
- $100.00 buys a new crate, spays a dog, or leukemia tests 4 cats.
People can donate via Go Fund Me.
The group can be reached through mail at P.O. Box 833 Carlisle, PA 17013.
For more information, please visit their website at http://thephoenixrescuegroup.org.