Save a Cat Rescue is a non-profit animal rescue group dedicated to finding new and loving homes for abandoned or abused cats. It works tirelessly to save feline friends from the dangers of euthanasia. It also provides the necessary medical care including vaccinations, diseases testing, and spay/neuter prior to putting these furry friends up for adoption.
Their line of work includes the following:
- Cat adoptions at several retail locations.
- Foster care for cats and kittens in a safe and loving home environment.
- Feral Cat care in the form of trap, spay/neuter and return.
- Cat/kitten care education.
The group highly appreciates any form of help from the community. They understand that no matter how big or small, people can contribute to their advocacy. They are open for donations including items like:
- Canned wet food (Friskies, Fancy Feast – no fish, royal canin kitten – no fish.
- Prescription wet food (Science Diet AD, Purina UR)
- Dry cat food (Royal Canin Baby Cat and kitten), Iams Orange bag Hairball, Iams weight control, Science Diet Sensitive Stomach)
- Prescription dry food (AD)
- Blankets and towels (no large comforters, please)
- Advantage Multi and Revolution flea treatment
- Chicken/Turkey baby food
- Kitty treats – Temptations
- Pill pockets
- Laundry detergent (HE – High Efficiency detergent, liquid if possible)
- Paper Towels
- Cleaning supplies: brooms, mops, sponges, garbage bags, spray bottles, disposable latex and non-latex gloves, antibacterial hand soap, dish soap, dish scrubbers
Their adoption center is located at 2121 W Alabama, Houston, TX 77098 and is open from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
[schema type=”organization” orgtype=”Organization” url=”http://animal-rescue.us/save-cat-houston.html” name=”Save a Cat Rescue” description=”A non-profit animal rescue organization.” street=”2121 W Alabama” city=”Houston” state=”TX” postalcode=”77098 ” country=”US” email=”firstname.lastname@example.org” ]